Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

New and upcoming artist!

This week on Ellen, I watched a girl perform and her name is Kina Grannis. She is a Japanese- American artist. Last year she won the Doritos Crash the Super Bowl contest. And as a result of winning, she earned a recording contract with Interscope Records and had her music video played during the commercials of Super Bowl XLII. She recently won the Best Web-Born Artist at the 2011 MTV O music Awards.

On November 3, 2011, Grannis released a stop-motion music video for the single In Your Arms, using 288,000 Jelly Belly jelly beans. The video accumulated over 1 million views within the first three days. I saw it on YouTube and it's actually really cool. Go Check it out!

She's had six albums so far and I expect there's gonna be more. She's a really good singer, Go Check her out on Youtube! And if you've heard her, Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment