Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Her Elements by Joanna

Her Elements
Alicia Key’s Album “The Element of Freedom”, which had been released in December of 2009, is an album full of romantic love stories in her lyrics. This R&B singer has a good incorporation of vibrato and sultry instrumentals that give her music a beautiful tune. The slow beats that make up the majority of her songs add to the romanticism that she is portraying. Her harmonies are captivating and bring back memories of those wonderful times that couples share. When someone is heartbroken, I strongly recommend that they listen to Alicia Keys. Even though that relationship was dreadful for the most part, her songs somehow bring up those moments where everything was alright.
Alicia has an angelic voice that has amazing dynamics in different verses of her song, which makes her album worth listening to. Although with many clichés, her style of singing make your ears ring with an eerie truth. Her significant style of ‘producing music’ makes her successful and especially taking in account how well her piano solos are.
Listening to whole album I have found one song that I thought was most appealing to me. Her voice in this song made me feel as if I were in the scenario that she was describing. It was creepy, but I liked that her song had that much of an impact on me!
In “That’s how strong my love is’” I almost wanted to sway with beat because the lyrics in combination with her background music made me feel like it was on song that should be playing at the climax of a love movie. I wasn’t so much of fan of this one as I was to ‘Un-thinkable’, or any other song.
As much as R&B isn’t my taste in music, Alicia Keys is a pretty awesome composer when it comes to her lyrics and has an amazing ability!

No comments:

Post a Comment